Monday, August 13, 2012

Another Alien Dude Color Test

I'm still messing around with the color scheme for Alien Dude. I like the one featured in this sketch. I think I am going to go with it or something very close to this.

My goal with the Alien Dude illustrations is to maintain the life and energy of my pencil drawings. I feel I achieved that with this piece. I intend to use this technique to complete my sample illustrations. They'll be a bit more refined than this piece here but still pretty rough and energetic if all goes according to plan. The background in this piece was an afterthought, I would definitely spend way more time polishing a background in a finished illustration. My focus here was really the Alien Dude character and the colors I will use to bring him to life. I'll post some finished illustrations here as soon as they are ready.

Thanks for visiting!

-Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment